Pick-Your-Own 2022 Season:
Estimated season; Mid-June to Mid-July
For current and updated picking conditions and our store availability, please call 613-833-2417 or visit our Facebook or Instagram pages. You can also visit us daily to purchase ready-to-go-picked strawberries. To guarantee your pick-up or have delivered we recommended pre-ordering at Shop.ProulxFarm.com
During the season, we offer 10-13 varieties of strawberries, ranging in colour from pinkish-red to bright red. Our strawberries are juicy and sweet, perfect for snacking, making jams, or as a healthy dessert. There is nothing like the taste of Ontario strawberries!
**Please note, we may require to close the pick-your-own fields early if we are picked out and/or excessive rain. We recommend calling ahead 613 833 2417 to ensure availability or will be posted on our Facebook and Instagram.
Strawberry picking season usually starts in mid-June and ends in Mid-July, depending on Mother Nature.
- Pick-your-own strawberries are sold by the container for this year.
- Cost: Per container. See table below
- Bring your own containers: Standard 1-quart, 1L, 2L, 3L and 4L basket are accepted.
- Empty baskets: 1.75$/ea
|Cost per basket for pick-your-own|
|4lt basket of pick-your-own strawberries:||16.50$ (+ basket if required)|
|3lt basket of pick-your-own strawberries:||12.40$ (+ basket if required)|
|2lt basket of pick-your-own strawberries:||8.25$ (+ basket if required)|
|1 quart container of pick-your-own strawberries:||4.75$ (+ quart container if required)|
|1lt of pick-your-own strawberries:||4.25$ (+ basket if required)|
|Empty Baskets (2Lt & 4Lt available)
Empty 1Lt Basket & 1-quart
| 1.75$/ea (+tx) (Now made from biodegradable material)
|Bring your own containers||Free (Standard baskets ONLY = 1L, 2L, 3L or 4L baskets)|
*Price may change without prior notice
**No refund on used/stained Proulx Farm baskets, no refund on partially picked strawberry baskets – No exceptions!! Please have your receipt with you at all times especially upon arriving down in the field, exiting the boutique store, and anywhere on the grounds of the Proulx Farm.
No empty hands will be permitted, for adults, children, including everyone 3yrs and older.
- Everyone who would like to go into our fields must pick/carry at least a 1-quart container each. We will not permit anyone without a container to go into our fields.
How it works:
- We strongly recommend you bring a water bottle to the field with you. Temperatures there are often hotter there and is little shade close by. We would also recommend putting on some sunscreen.
- On arrival you will be asked to choose your container to purchase if you don’t have your own. (Applicable to everyone 3yrs and older) Everyone who would like to go into our fields must pick/carry at least a 1-quart container each.
- Everyone must have a container in their hands to go to the field. You are welcome to bring your own. Any non-standard containers are not permitted for this season. If you do not have any containers, we sell 2Lt and 4Lt baskets at 1.75$/ea. 1-quart containers are 0.50$/ea.
- You will be directed to the sink station for everyone to wash their hands with soap and water before going to the field.
- Wagons are running when picking in the further fields. Someone will be directing you to the right field.
a. Walking may be required when picking in the fields close to the farm store. Carts/strollers welcomed (Please keep the weather in mind).
- An attendant will be in the field to assign you a row. If you would like another row, please do not change yourself. Go see the field attendant and they will assign you a new row.
a. You’ll be asked to start where the flag is and then move the flag to where you finished picking so that the next person can continue from there.
- Once you are done picking, please reposition the flag to where you finish so the next person knows where to start
The berries will need to be paid prior to entering the Proulx Farm grounds and picking fields.
Children are always welcomed here at the Proulx Farm however please note that it is your responsibility to make sure they remain in the same row as you and respect other guests and any and all social distancing guidelines at all times. If you or members of your group are not respectful, we hold the right to ask you to leave. We are here as a fun and relaxing place for everyone to come and enjoy and have a zero-tolerance policy towards anyone who cannot be respectful towards our staff and other guests..
No pets are permitted on the property, so we ask that you please leave them at home.
Already picked for you - BUY NOW
Picked fresh daily, are available at the Proulx Farm store boutique and at our various farms stands. Available to purchase from June until the first frost, usually late September.
1 liter, $6.00 to $7.75
2 liters, $11.00 to $16.50
4 liters, $22.00 to $30.00
Day old 4 liters: 12.00$ to 16.00$ (perfect for baking … must typically be processed within 24hrs)
* Price may change without prior notice. Depends on the variety and picking conditions. Welcome to call ahead 613-833-2417 to have an order set aside for you or have it delivered at one of our farm stands locations.
To guarantee your pick up or delivery we recommend ordering at Shop.ProulxFarm.com
See “Where to buy” for listing of our off-farm locations.
For larger quantities, contact us for more details. Price may change without prior notice.
** Proulx Farm COVID-19 Policies and Guidelines During Pick-Your-Own Season
To our valued customers, we welcome you back for our 29th Proulx Farm pick-your-own strawberry season. We are dedicated in maintaining a safe, clean environment, and an enjoyable experience for all our new or returning guests, and devoted staffs. While complying with all governmental policies and guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic these are the measures we have taken:
- All our employees will be wearing proper protective gear when required.
- All must wash their hands with soap and water for 30 seconds prior to walking down to assigned strawberry fields.
- No eating/snacking is permitted in any picking fields.
- Purchasing inside our on-farm boutique store is also available with a limited customer capacity at all time. Please sanitize your hands prior to entering the boutique store. We appreciated not handling any products unnecessarily.
We will be grateful to receive your feedback, as these are new policies and guidelines measures for COVID-19. We always aim to improve our services to our clients, for all inquiries, concerns and suggestions please do not hesitate to contact Proulx Farm. Your understanding and cooperation in these important matters are greatly appreciated! The Proulx Family, has been farming on this land since 1920!!
Poetry and photo credit: Erika Kaptein c. 2016
Dear Proulx FarmsToday my husband placed two lovely
Sun ripened strawberries baskets, in our van.
Not only are the sweetness and largest
But extremely perfect each and every one!
The wonderful surprise is this
I can smell something so Devine!
I am an organic rose gardener
And I am used to scents of magnificence.
So, when I returned to our van
And opened the door a flood of freshly picked
Sweetness left me almost tasting strawberry wine.